Your nonprofit’s Giving Tuesday strategy checklist
Wednesday, November 08, 2017
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 to stir generosity in the hearts of those celebrating the holiday season. Falling on the Tuesday after American Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday was designed to remind consumers that oftentimes, giving is more rewarding than receiving.
For many nonprofits, Giving Tuesday offers the opportunity for a large boost for donations. In 2016, $379.89 billion was donated in the United States alone, with a 20% increase in online donations.
Use this checklist to make sure your nonprofit’s fundraising strategy is ready for Giving Tuesday 2017, which falls on November 28th this year.
- Updated website: You’ll want to make sure your website features current information about your nonprofit, current photos and links that work. Set aside some time to give your organization’s website a once-over to make sure everything is up to date and looking good.
- Donation page is easy to use: Making your donation page user-friendly and clear is a sure way to close donations. Our donation page checklist can help you make sure the page is perfect.
- Website optimized for mobile viewing: 90 percent of people report using multiple devices, usually their phones, laptops or tablets, to accomplish a task. If that task is donating to your nonprofit, you’ll see the urgency of making sure your website is optimized for mobile viewing.
- Scheduled social posts about your fundraiser: If you have a specific fundraising campaign for Giving Tuesday this year, make sure you have posts scheduled to be posted on your social channels that tell your audience what you’re doing and how they can make the campaign a success.
- Images chosen: Social posts are much more impactful with good images. Make sure your web pages, emails and social media posts have quality images attached. We’ve written a few tips on how to pick the best photos.
- Goals have been set: If you haven’t already, determine how much money you want to raise through your Giving Tuesday campaign and craft your Giving Tuesday strategy around that goal.
Download your Giving Tuesday Checklist.