NEW! Announcing our integration with Mailchimp
This month, we’ve debuted a new feature for 4aGoodCause—integration with Mailchimp. As email marketing is a great tool for nonprofits to use when connecting with donors, being able to track these communications as touchpoints in your donor database is of equal importance.
That is why we have worked hard to ensure that our integration with Mailchimp is not only easy but that it also provides you with information to help guide effective communication with donors.
Syncing your donor data to Mailchimp is as easy as 1-2-3
There are just a few steps 4aGoodCause users need to take to sync the two systems. Assuming you have a Mailchimp account established, you can work through the following:
- Create an audience within Mailchimp (think of this as a custom mail list or contact database). Our integration syncs to one audience at a time, so you may want to create a “Master Contacts” list that integrates. As a best practice, Mailchimp recommends you maintain only one master audience in Mailchimp, and use tags and segments to organize and target your contacts. Once you’ve decided on your audience, connect your 4aGoodCause and Mailchimp accounts by entering the API Key from Mailchimp directly into 4aGoodCause.
- Run an initial bulk sync. This step will sync everything in your 4aGoodCause contact database with the Mailchimp audience you’ve set up. Great news—you only have to do this sync once and from then on, syncing will be automatic.
- Send your emails through Mailchimp with the assurance that notes will be placed in your contacts’ profiles in 4aGoodCause. You’ll always be able to see a history of which contacts have received Mailchimp emails and on which date those emails were sent.
We are proud to say that when you work with 4aGoodCause, you’ll have access to one of the best Mailchimp integrations around. Our software syncs with custom Mailchimp fields and tags, which many integrations elsewhere do not. We also have an easy-to-follow guide to help you with your Mailchimp integration.
Benefits of syncing your email software to your donor database
We often talk about the importance of donor touchpoints and how tracking them via your CRM can provide you with additional information and ideas for the best approaches in connecting with your donors. Integrating your email software with your database takes this one step further. And for those with limited resources and staff members to collect and manage data, the automation of it all can be a gamechanger. By syncing your email software to your donor database, it allows for:
- Up-to-date contact info. When you update a contact’s email address in your 4aGoodCause database, that same contact’s email will also be updated in Mailchimp saving you time and the hassle of figure out which information is correct.
- A history of touchpoints. Each time you send an email through Mailchimp, your contact will be updated on the 4aGoodCause side to show the email sent (and sent date). This is a great way to view the latest touchpoints when looking through individual contacts in your database.
- No need to export/import. Our integration removes the need to continuously sync, export or import data from one system to the other. Once your API is set, the syncing is automatic. It’s more or less a set-it-and-forget-it system.
Ready to get started?
We are here to help. If you are a current 4aGoodCause client with a Mailchimp account, go ahead and sync up! If you have any trouble, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not a 4aGoodCause client? No problem! We’d be happy to provide a free demo of our services or answer any questions you may have.