10 ways to use SMS marketing at your next event
Friday, April 25, 2014
In case you haven’t heard, communication has gone mobile. 91% of adults have their mobile phone within arm’s reach 24/7 and when they get a text message they open it around 95% of the time. Nonprofits hosting an event can leverage these facts to increase attendance and improve engagement during the event by implementing SMS (text message) marketing.
Below are 10 easy ways you can use SMS marketing to create a better event experience for your attendees and your organization.
1. Get attendees excited to attend your event with a text message reminder.
2. Text a link to a Google map for directions to your event location or after-event hot spot.
3. Send workshop attendees a link to educational materials from a speaker. Text them after the speech.
4. Allow your attendees to text comments and messages onto your projection screen.
5. Ask for a donation. Ask attendees to give to your cause via your text 2 donate campaign.
6. Run a contest (without the fishbowl). Give attendees a chance to win prizes by texting to enter a contest. Have the software automatically pick the winners.
7. Get feedback on your event or other issues by conducting a text message poll or survey. Have the software text the results to the participants.
8. Text mobile coupons that can be redeemed with your event sponsors.
9. Sign up attendees for your email list by having them text in their email address. No clipboard needed. No more deciphering bad handwriting!
10. After your event, text a “thank you for attending” message along with a link to an article of key takeaways.
Want to learn more about how your organization can set up a mobile marketing plan for your next event? Get in touch.