Connecting the dots: Sharing your donation page on Facebook
Friday, March 11, 2016
In an average peer-to-peer fundraising campaign, 15-18% of donations are referred directly from Facebook. On #GivingTuesday alone, Facebook refers 29.4% of traffic to donation pages! If your nonprofit is actively using Facebook to engage and interact with donors, then it may be time to step up your game by adding a donation button to your Facebook page.
In fact, Facebook has made it easy to add a “Donate Now” button to both your Facebook page and advertisements that will link directly to your website donation page. Here is a quick step-by-step guide:
Add a “Donate Now” button to your page
1. Log into Facebook and navigate to your nonprofit’s page. You must be an administrator of your organization’s page in order to make the change.
2. First, ensure that your Page’s category is set to “Non-Profit Organization” in order to have the Donate Now call-to-action button available.
3. Go to your Page’s cover photo and click Create Call to Action.
4. From the drop-down menu, select Donate Now
5. Under the drop-down menu is a field where you will paste your donation page URL. Click “save changes.”
6. Be sure to test the Donate Now button on your page after you have created it to ensure it has the correct link.
Add a “Donate Now” button to your advertisements
1. When creating Facebook advertisements, your advertisement objective must be either website clicks, website conversions or app installs.
2. You will be asked to add a call-to-action to your ad when you edit the Text and Links of your ad, select the Donate Now.
3. Paste your donation page URL and click “save changes.”
Facebook is a great venue for gaining exposure for your nonprofit and engaging with donors. Be sure to join other nonprofits, like Atlanta-based Kate’s Club, in adding a Donate Now button to your Facebook page.