20 virtual and hybrid fundraising event ideas
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
The planning process for virtual fundraising events varies depending on the type of event you host. As many organizations continue to plan a mix of in-person, virtual and hybrid fundraising events, it opens the playing field. Nonprofits continue to be creative with fundraising events as we’ve shifted into a new era of planning.
Factors to consider before determining your fundraising event type
Event fundraising is exciting and if you’ve been to them (or managed them) in the past, it’s likely that what you see publicly looks seamless—we all know that the behind-the-scenes work is where it’s really at. Before you dive into your next fundraising event, virtual or otherwise, go through the following questions to help determine workload and success:
- Do you have the staff to manage the event from start to finish?
- Do you have a dependable team of volunteers to help with additional items?
- What are your financial resources? Do you have a budget for up-front costs?
- What type of technology will be needed to run the event?
- Will an event (or other donation asks) be the most effective way to reach your goal?
- How will you get the word out about your event?
- Will the event have an attendee capacity?
- What will the follow-up be for attendees after registration (and after attending the event)?
- Who will be the event ‘host’ the day of the event?
- How will event registration be handled?
Virtual events are not one-size-fits-all
Virtual fundraising events can take many, many forms; your only limit is your imagination and the technology to make it happen. There is no one perfect virtual event—your event should resonate with your nonprofit’s mission, needs and donor interests.
To get your creative juices moving, we’ve curated a list of 20 virtual and hybrid fundraising event ideas. Download yours for a fresh take on your next fundraising event.